Friday, January 28, 2011

The Power of the Priesthood

Yesterday Eliza woke up grumpy.  As the day went on she got worse and worse.  By the end of the day she was screaming. She wouldn't eat or sleep and her forehead was cold and clammy.  I called my aunt, who is a RN and she said she wasn't sure what it could be but to watch Eliza through out the night and if she isn't better by morning take her in to the Dr.  She also said "sounds like your in for a long night. Just remember, while your up, I'll be asleep."  Thanks for rubbing it in Aunt Linda.  I then called my mom and she said "has Chris given her a priesthood blessing"  I rolled my eyes at myself in pure annoyance that we hadn't thought of that yet. About 10 seconds into the blessing Eliza snuggled into my arm and fell asleep.  I put her in her crib and he slept all night.  Today she has been 'talking' and laughing like nothing happened.  I have no idea what was hurting her so much yesterday but I'm so grateful for this wonderful gift from the Lord and a wonderful husband who is worthy of it. 

1 comment:

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

SO AWESOME! I don't think anything tops the amazingness of having a husband who holds the priesthood! So glad she's feeling better!