Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tender Mercies

I've been struggling as a mom the last couple weeks.  Just the typical frustrations of feeling guilty for doing blank or not doing blank.  However, Cordon did two things the last couple days that completely boosted my spirits and helped me realized that I'm doing something right. 

Situation one: Chris told Cordon it was his turn to say the family prayer and suddenly, with no help from us, Cordon said;
"Heaven Fada,
Thank play with toys,
go shopping
married in temple
Jesus Christ, Amen"

I'll admit that I cried. It was just so dang sweet.

Situation two: Cordon grabbed a book I'm currently reading and climbed onto the couch with it.  He opened it up and said "maken came to pass, the end" (and it came to pass)

Those two moments were exactly what I needed to see that I'm not completely failing as a mom. It may be the most frustrating job sometimes, but there is nothing better then being a mom. 

3 comments:

my name is becky kelly said...

oh how i love those little moments. then someone hits someone else and they're all crying and fighting and you wish for another moment like that :)
good job momma. watch out for crazy people in walmart!

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

Love, love, LOVE days like that! You are amazing Jan Jan!

Thayerclan said...

That is so sweet.