Friday, January 28, 2011

My Knight In Shining Armor

After reading the title I know you all think this post is about Chris.  While he is my hero and a woderful man, this blog is actually about melaleuca.

I grew up with melaleuca.  My mom always had some of it in the house that she usually used for medical reasons but it also comes in hair products, toothpastes, beauty products, etc.  It was used in our every day living and it was only a few years ago that I realized that it's not a usual household product and most people don't know what it is. (it's a plant)  So here is my plug for the greatest product ever made. 

While I don't use all the melaleuca stuff we had growing up, I always make sure I either have the gel or the oil which is great for medical uses.  I've used it for ear infections, on cuts, bug bites, but the best is for burns.  Cordon burned his hand a year ago and even though it was blistered he was using it normally the next day.  Melaleuca takes away all the pain with a burn.  

I've always known it was great, but a few days ago I was blown away again.  4 months ago Cordon got a cold with a nasty cough.  The cold left but the cough decided to take up residence.  Every night and every time he ran around, Cordon would cough.  For the last 4 months we have tried everything; vicks on his chest and feet, humidifiers, honey, hot showers, prescriptions, inhalers, x-rays......  Nothing worked.  Sometimes he would cough so bad that he would choke and start bawling because it scared him.  One night he coughed for 3 hours straight, I wish I was exaggerating.  Did I mention this went on for FOUR MONTHS.  A few days ago I remembered that two of my sisters had kids that went through coughing phases like this.  I called them both and they both said the same thing "use melaleuca." So a few nights ago he woke up at 3am coughing. I put some on his chest and within 20 min he stopped and was sound asleep.  I thought this was pretty amazing.  The next night I put a couple drops on the bottom of his feet and a couple on his chest right before bed.  20 min later I heard "cough, cough" then that was it, nothing, nada, no noise all night.  I was shocked.  Every time I got up to feed Eliza I would check on him to make sure he was ok.  I've gotten so use to hearing him cough most the night that the silence was scary.  It's been a few days and some nights he still wakes up coughing but once I put more oil on his chest he is fine within 10 min.  This stuff is the greatest. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I grew up with Melalucca products in our house too! My Uncle was one of the founders of the company. I really like the triple antibiotic ointment. I will have to try the oil on my sons chest. He is coughing right now in the other room as I type this. Thanks for the tip.