Thursday, December 10, 2009

Burn

A few of the younger moms from church got together yesterday for lunch at my friends home. One of the older boys had turned on the fireplace and from the table we couldn't see it. One women had gone to the kitchen to grab something and on her way back to the table she suddenly screamed "NO NO NO, HOT, HOT" I looked up and all I could see was the top of Cordons head going around the corner. By the time I got there he was on the floor crying. He had placed his entire hand on the glass fireplace screen. Hearing him scream on the drive home and not being able to help him was torture. I rubbed melaleuca oil on the burn and within 5 min he was good. That stuff is magical. The rest of the day was pretty hard for him. He would want to play but every time he went to pick something up it would hurt his hand. Fortunately today he doesn't even seem to notice. You can't see it in the picture but he also has two little blisters on the tips of his two middle fingers. Poor little guy.

4 comments:

Richins Family said...

OH I hate it when babies get burned that is the worst! I hope it feels better for him soon!

heather telford photography said...

:( once again melaluca saves the day!!

John and Linda said...

Poor thing! I'm talking both of you! What is melaluca?

Roseanne said...

Oh that is so sad. I hate burns! Man I guess I'm out of it, I don't know about this magical Melaleuca oil, I think I'll have to get some though:)