Friday, August 29, 2008

1 Week Old

We survived our first week. The first few days home were a bit hard but we are adjusting pretty good. Cordon has Jaundice, which isn't to bad, but he started out not eating very well and that can make the Jaundice worse. The first 3 days he would go 6-8 hours between feedings. Our Dr. told us he has to eat every two to help flush the Jaundice out of his system. If he doesn't nurse long enough then we have to force feed him 1/2 an ounce with this cup.

It was pretty frustrating at first but he is doing alot better. We only need to use the cup about once a day now and he is gaining weight nicely. He is also losing his yellow color so he is no longer our little Simpson's character. He is still extremely mellow. When he needs something he just grunts and squeaks till someone comes and he rarely cries.





Chris is already trying to brain wash him and get him addicted to Air Jordan




He makes this face all the time. I hope this isn't a preview of his teenage years as a Casanova

9 comments:

The Donnells said...

Congradulations. I can never spell that right. Anyways, he is looking super cute. And I totally have that same car seat and love it. You can rock him to sleep in it.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

He is adorable! I love his cute hairline!!!
I'm so happy for you! I hope you're feeling well, Jannie! You look really good in your pictures!
Abby almost had jaundice and we had teh same scare the first few days, CONSTANTLY worrying about getting enough food in her and checking her diapers about 50 times a day!!!

Messenger said...

Jannie he is so cute, congrats. We are so happy for you, he was a long time coming, you two will be the greatest parents, good luck with it all.

Ryan and Hailee said...

Congrats Jannie!! He's so adorable, I'm sorry about the Jaundice, we went through that too, I hated all the little pricks we had to go do for a week :( So sad. I am so happy for you guys!!

heather telford photography said...

He is beautiful Jannie!! Congrats you are gonna be the best momma!!

Lisa/Scott said...

He's a handsome little one weeker! Both my babies had really bad jaundice, but I've never seen that cup before. Ours had the light therapy, and after breastfeeding ye had to supplement them with formula to flush out their system and make them fatter too. I love it when babies pucker their lips like that. Crystal did it until she was a year and a half. You look great by the way...a week after i gave birth i still looked like crap.

Katy Truman said...

He is so cute Jannie! Glad your mom was there to help you out! Hope everything else is going well.

Roseanne said...

Oh my gosh, what a little cutie! I love this kissy face picture, that's so sweet. Congratulations!

The Foote Family said...

Yaaay! So cute. I love that last picture. It's adorable.