Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Excuse Me! I Ordered the Large Ice Cream

My mom came out for a week after Cordon was born to help out. She was WONDERFUL!!!! She was like a silent maid. I still can't figure out how she did it, but I would leave a room for 5 minutes and when I came back she would either have everything spotless or dinner ready. When telling my sister about this she agreed and said that when my mom stayed with them when her last baby was born my brother in law actually thought he had two pairs of one shirt. He couldn't figure out how he put a shirt in the hamper and a few hours later it was folded in his closet.... silent maid strikes again! She even loaded up my freezer with different meals, I won't have to cook for a month. I have the best mom!

Her last night here we went to a small fast food place and challenged her to not only get the large ice cream cone but to finish it....... she did. That thing is massive, I kept waiting for it to fall off but it never did.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I love your Mom! She was one of my favorite Young Womens leaders. It is nice that she was able to come out and help. Does the silent maid want to come to my house too?

Tiffney said...

I LOVE aunt Brenda! Jannie... you do have a wonderful mama! I love that she ate that whole Ginormous Ice Cream too. :) YAHOOO Amazingly wonderful Aunt Brenda

Messenger said...

Your mom is the best! What a great blessing to have her for your babies. My cute mom seems to do the same things, sometimes I just want her to sit still she never quits working.

Ryan and Hailee said...

Brenda is such a sweetheart, and so selfless!! I love her!!! And how fun to have her there to enjoy the new baby

jimnalli said...

I am going to have another kid just so she can come and do that for me...............just kidding. I have to agree she is the best at taking care of a new mom!

Lisa/Scott said...

Your mom still looks great. Looking at her picture makes me miss being in Young Womens. That ice cream cone is fantastic...I would get it just to try and eat it all too...but I'd probably make a huge mess. Every night is sloppy joe night when I eat cause I eat like a boy. It's nice to have a mom to help out. Mine was a big help too...especially with laundry cause I can't stand doing laundry.

Katy Truman said...

So glad you had your mom!! Sounds like she was a big help. Hope everything else is going good. So how do you like being a mother?

The Foote Family said...

Brenda is SO awesome! That picture of the ice cream cone seriously brought a smile to my face. I love trying to picture her eating that all by herself. AWESOME! :) It is so great having a good mom to help. We love Aunt Brenda. She's awesome and so are you!