Thursday, September 18, 2008

Good Bye Working Class

It has been four weeks since my last day of work and it is just now hitting me that this isn't some vacation. I am a permanently stay at home mom. This is very strange for me considering I have had a job since I was 16. I've worked in a cafeteria, Realtors office, restaurants, dry cleaning etc etc. But here are the most memorable jobs I have had.....


Movies 8
The most traumatizing/educational job I ever had.

This was a dollar theater that had a tendency to attract the cities more "colorful" citizens. I heard a saw things that no 16 year old should be exposed to. However, this job got me out of my shell and comfort zone. Plus nothing makes you feel more sexy then a plastic neon bow tie and a Garth Brooks wannabe shirt.







Dr. Hamblin D.D.S
The longest held job.

I worked for my Uncles dental office for 4 years. I was trained on the job as a dental assistant. I met a lot of great people and really enjoyed the work. It is because of this job that I am now very faithful at brushing and flossing.







Nuesway Park
My favorite job


This park was run by the cities recreation department and I was able to help organize school field trips. The field trip included a nature hike, planetarium show, science projects, and a tour through the nature center. When I wasn't helping with the field trips then I was teaching rock climbing. I got paid to play all day. It was great









Master Brand Cabinets Inc.
My last job


While computer work and sitting in a tiny cubical 8 hours a day was not my favorite, I really enjoyed the people I worked with. I got along with all of them very well and enjoyed going to work everyday.





Being a Wife and Mom

My final and most rewarding job


5 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

I remember when you worked at the movies 8 lol. My sisters friend got fired from there cause he got caught digging his hand in the popcorn and eating it all the time. Gotta love the dollar theater.
Being a mom is a full time job, but also the one you'll love the most. I live my kids, even though from time to time I want to strangle my daughter when she gets mouthy...yes a 2 year old can get mouthy. lol. What a wonderful teenager she'll be.

Tiffney said...

Way to go Jannie! I love the movies 8 outfit! You get to live the dream job! Way to go!!! Enjoy that little man of yours. He's adorable!

jimnalli said...

hahah...movies 8. I cant believe you have pictures of all your jobs! how did you do that?

heather telford photography said...

love the dental office pictures!!! great memories!! i agree being a stay at home mom is the best!!!! we are so lucky!

Lisa said...

It is funny because I think Lisa Dehoyas and I came to visit you once while you were working at Movies 8! All the pictures are great.