Friday, August 22, 2008

It's a Boy!!!

We were both expecting Jr to show up past his due date so imagine our surprise when I went into labor Wednesday morning, 10 days early. The contractions started coming regularly around 6 am and by 4 pm they were close enough that my Dr. sent me to the hospital. From 6 am to about 9 pm my contractions got worse but I had only progressed 1/2 centimeter. To speed things up my Dr. put me on pitossin. For anyone who doesn't know pitossin = horrible unimaginable pain. Fortunately they gave me wonderful pain killers to take the edge off. A few hours later they finally gave me the epidural and 1 1/2 hours later I was fully dilated. At this point it was 3:30 am, Chris was delirious due to lack of sleep, I was loopy from all the pain killers given earlier, the Dr. and nurse both had a great sense of humor and kept joking with us so the whole birth turned into a laughing fest. I basically laughed the baby out. At one point they had to calm me down and get me to stop laughing because it was pushing the baby out and the Dr wasn't ready. 4:30 am on 8.21.08 Cordon Wendell Thompson was born. He is 19 1/2 inches long and 7 lbs 6 oz's. He is very healthy and mellow and we are so excited he is finally here.







18 comments:

Thayerclan said...

He is so dang cute! Seriously, sometimes newborns can be a little weird lookin, but he is very very cute! That is so funny that you basically laughed the baby out, how fitting for you guys.
Congrats again!
love you guys :)

Mandy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! I have to agree with Jilly, he is SO cute. VERY adorable. Jannie, you had me laughin' about your labor experience. Wish I was in a laughing mood during my labor. I think he might have Chris eyes. I'm so glad everything turned out well. What proud parents you guys must be. Congratulations!
Love, Mandy

heather telford photography said...

Yeah!!! I am so happy for you guys!! congrats.. he is adorable!!

Michelle said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations and good luck the next few weeks!

Lisa/Scott said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Congratulations! woo hoo! I'm so so so so happy for you! He looks absolutely perfect! I had pitossin with both labors, so I feel your pain. Lucky for me they're really easy going at my hospital and will give you the epidural whenever you feel like asking for it. That epidural is magical isn't it? How are you feeling? The recovery isn't so bad when you're distracted by your little man, but make sure and sleep when he sleeps cause you're body needs to recover. With both pregnancies I made the mistake of trying to do all the housework and run errands as soon as they sent me home and both times I pushed myself into exhaustion. So don't make the same mistakes I did and accept whatever help you can get from those around you. Yay! You're a mommy!

McGuire's said...

Congratulations! What a cute little boy! Glad he is healthy and happy and everything went well. You are so lucky 10 days early! I was 10 days late! He is so sweet.

Katy Truman said...

He is so cute! So glad everything went well.

The Myers said...

hey little momma! he is so cute! 10 days early! wow he would have been one big kid if he had waited for your due date, you probably wouldn't have been laughing so hard then! congratulations!

Di said...

We all ready love him! What a cutey he is. We couldln't be more happy for you guys. Can't wait to hold and kiss him!

Love y- Di and Gang

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new baby boy! He is a beautiful baby! It seems like yesterday Chris that you were our ring boy at our wedding...Wow how times flies! Would love to hear from you guys....Boll-Enterprises@Juno.com

Lisa said...

Congrats! I thought I would just check how many days you had left and was so excited to see your cute baby boy. I loved your story about the delivery. It seems appropriate that you were laughing as he came into this world. Your family is hilarious and always can make me laugh. I am so happy that you are a Mom now. What a lukcy little boy to be born into your family!

Rhonda Can't Help You said...

Congrats- I'm so happy for you!! Beautiful!

The Rocks said...

Congrats you guys! And how lucky to go 10 days early! He's adorable and we're so glad everything went well for you!

Melanie and Billy Hunter said...

Congratulations!!
He so darling! I can just imangin you laughing that baby out! so funny!

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

What a beautiful baby! I'm so happy for you guys!

Leta-Kaye said...

Oh, he is just beautiful! Congratulations!!

The Lowder Family said...

Wait...you were laughing? You must have been drugged pretty well, cause there is nothing funny about hyper active labor and contractions!!! He is perfect! Congrats!

Tiffney said...

YAHOO!!! Congrats! He is a beautiful baby! :)