Friday, November 27, 2009

Washington D.C

In honor of Thanksgiving we decided to take the 3 hour drive to Washington D.C and spend a few days gallivanting around our nations capital. I had forgotten how much there was to do there, we are already planning a second trip.

We didn't make it to the main part of the Smithsonian but we were able to go to the Air and Space Museum. Chris has always wanted to go there so he was pretty excited to finally check it off his list. Although, he was a bit disappointed since all the really big stuff is kept out at Dulles (where Transformers 2 was filmed)


Behind us the capsule from Apollo 11


Riding the subway is a whole new experience with a toddler and stroller. It took some coordination to get the stroller on the escalator.


It's was pretty amazing to see the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and the Magna Carta. We were surprised how faded the Declaration of Independence is. You can't see half of it.


"Sooooo Big" Considering he was strapped down in his stroller or car seat for three days Cordon did amazing. Every every time we would let him out of his stroller he would run and giggle with pure excitement with his temporary freedom. Way in the back you can see the Capital building.






That was one gutsy squirrel. I was surprised he came up to me. Cordon gave me dirty looks when I took one of his Ritz crackers to give to the squirrel, but I guess he better start learning how this country works.


The White House was preparing for the State Dinner so they had tents and things surrounding it so we couldn't get any good pictures.

2 comments:

Roseanne said...

What a fun trip! I love your festive page, I'll have to get some Christmasy spirit on mine as well. I posted about my needle stick too, you'll have to read, thanks for the reminder. :)

Shay said...

Haven't you learned not to take things from babies? Sheesh your lucky it wasn't me that you took a cracker from. There would have been a lot more then a dirty look. So about Christmas, ham all the way(as you will see I totally voted for that)with funeral potatoes. Also, granted I don't have kids but when I do they'll get 3 from Santa. It was good enough for baby Jesus therefore, it'll be good enough for them.