Sunday, November 1, 2009

P90X Grad

About 4 months ago Chris and I finally had enough of our muffin tops (probably a direct result of our daily intake of ice cream) and getting winded each time we climbed the stairs, so we got on the P90X band wagon. After spending a small fortune restocking our kitchen, buying 12 workout DVD's, two booklets, resistance bands, and pull up bar we were ready to start. Of course it was at that point that we found out that there is a fitness test you have to pass before you can do the course because of how intense it is. Technically I didn't pass but figured, eh, close enough. We 'passed' the test, measured our fat goo, took embarrassing photos of our love handles then finally, we were ready to let the fun begin. 60 -90 min workouts 6 days a week and 3, made from scratch, meals. Surprisingly, most of the food is fantastic. Just when your body starts to get use to the insanely painful workouts, it all gets switched up to cause muscle confusion. I have decided that muscle confusion is code for 90 days of being sore. Around 8 weeks Chris had some business trips for work and it threw his schedule off so he decided to blow off a few weeks then started over a few weeks ago. As for me? I am DONE!!!! At this point I have no desire to start over, just maintain it. Just in case you are wondering, yes it works! Yes it's hard and takes time and dedication but it works. What blows me away, is that I only put in about 70% effort (I just couldn't pass up on Cordons Birthday cake, and that hamburger, and all those excuses to skip a workout....) and I still dropped 2 pant sizes and 15 lbs. And no, I will not be posting the before and after pictures. I don't want to be the cause of puke piles that are sure to come from viewing the before photos.

5 comments:

Shay said...

I wouldn't want people to see mine either. Also, knowing my luck they would be passes around in some joke email for the world to see.
Yahoo for you!!!

Shay said...

P.S. If you had a muffin top, then I have a loaf top.

Crazy Zumba Lady said...

SO FUNNY!! the way you describe everything!!! there is no way you have ever had a muffin top!!! and PX90 is HARD. I tried doing it, I got through a week and then well, not so much after that. WAY TO GO!!!!

Thayerclan said...

Nice Job! Uh, I didn't think you had 15 pounds to lose!!

John and Linda said...

If we tried that work out we would be dead. Seriously. You lost 2 pant sizes?! Wow!