Sunday, June 21, 2009

Willy Wonka

Now that we are mostly settled, it is time to play tourist and see the sights in our new area. What a better way to start then Chocolate World. It was a really cute little place. They have a 3D cartoon for kids, trolley rides around town that include the history of Milton Hershey, a tour ride that shows you how chocolate is made and other fun stuff. They also have a Chocolates From Around The World Tasting, but I decided I should probably lose 30lbs before going so I won't feel guilty gorging myself. And I must say that the owners are very clever people. During the last part of the ride they blast you with a chocolate smell then give you a small chocolate sample. By the time you get off the ride and walk into the worlds BIGGEST candy store you feel like Charlie Bucket. Or even Oliver, "Please sir, can I have some more?" Fortunately, we had a lot of will power and only walked out with a few items.




I love the look on Cordons face here, "really mom? Singing cows?"

As a side note: Chris and I had looked at living in Hershey, PA. I am extremely glad we didn't because the area smells every day. One day it smells like chocolate, the next roasted peanuts and so on. This would have resulted in the Jannie Thompson Blimp

No comments: