Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Car Seat Blues

I realized a week ago that Cordon is on the border line of out growing his infant car seat so I started the fun of looking for a Convertible one. I spent two days searching online, going to different stores and shoving Cordon in and out of several. I finally found one I thought would be good and ordered in online. The box it came in was completely smashed and torn, there was no invoice, no plastic wrap, or anything else around the car seat. It almost looked used. So I sent it back and did more research. I found out that one lady had the same car seat for about 6 months and one day the chest latch just snapped in half. Glad I sent mine back. So I ordered a whole different kind then spent 90 min trying to install the dang thing. I ended up on a board on babycenter.com trying to get help from others with the same car seat. I would send a pic of my car seat, explain the problem, wait for a reply, try their tips, then repeat. This went on for an hour. Today I finally gave up and went to the police department. It took 2 cops 45 min to get the thing in. It is a great car seat, it just didn't like my car for some reason. As a side note: I wish I had gone to the police dept with the infant car seat. I learned SO much. I found out things I thought I was doing right I was actually doing wrong and tons of stuff that is never even mentioned in the instruction manuals. Such as, you can twist your buckle 3 times so the car seat sits lower and more snug. And you are suppose to keep your child rear facing until they are 2 years old, not one. I should have gone there in the first place, it would have saved me a lot of hassle.

4 comments:

jimnalli said...

rear facing till 2??? How would they fit that way?

Shay said...

Oh joy, look what I get to look forward to someday. What fun!

my name is becky kelly said...

good luck keeping a two year old happy while they're facing away from you! I agree with Alli, their legs wouldn't fit! .... I spoke with the police yesterday as he was buckling Landon into the passenger seat. I am sad to say that when It's time to swap carseats to another vehicle, I am the one who does it because I get them tighter than "the police" do at our house.
I'm glad little Bart is snug and safe.
-pig

Lisa/Scott said...

At least you know now, right? LOL. I hate messing with car seats, even now. I have to take them in and out of the car all the time to switch between Scotts car and mine, and take them out and put them in whenever I drop them off at my parents house. I figure it keeps me from gaining weight, cause it's a total workout.