Thursday, August 11, 2011

Yard Sales

A few years ago I posted about going to more and more yard sales. I've now become a fanatic.  Every spring and fall I leave the kids with Chris on Saturday mornings and head out.  I love looking through peoples stuff and being either amused or shocked at the prices they set for everything.  I love the random conversations I have with people. I love not knowing what I'm going to find. I always come back with at least one thing that I am very excited about.  Like the weight set I got for only $5 still has me pumped (pun intended).  But my all time favorite deal is the playground I put together for Cordon on the deck.  He spends hours out there.  Even if it's raining he can still play outside.  During a few weeks of searching yard sales I found a slide, water table and a bucket swing for a grand total of ..... *drum roll*....... $5!!!!

 For the record, I did not let him out in his diaper. He stripped down and let himself out. He likes to look over the side and talk to people when they walk by.  It's fun to see their reaction. They either talk back and are very sweet, or put their head down and walk faster. 


Why wouldn't you sit in a water table to eat an ice cream cone in your Sunday clothes?

No comments: