Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ice Blocking

 For Playgroup this week we took the kids ice blocking.  Today I learned that ice blocking is probably just  a "Utah thing" and not everyone knows what it is. So, ice blocking is sledding in the summer.  You get a big block of ice put a towel on it and away you go.  When I was growing up we always just bought a block of ice from the gas station, however, my friend told me it's better to make your own so you can put a rope on one end to make it easier to carry up the hill.  Brilliant!



2 comments:

Shay said...

Making your own ice block? that's crazy talk

my name is becky kelly said...

dang. i've been wanting to take my kids ice blocking. we'll have to wait until fall. our ice will melt within minutes if we do it now. ... what do you make your own ice in?