Saturday, July 9, 2011

The 4th



I've said it before but, I love how much history is around us.  For the 4th we went to Valley Forge. We spent several hours walking along trails that had monuments and historical sights.  The original church, headquarters and some cabins where there.  Once again, I'm really grateful for modern technology.  I can't imagine spending an entire East Coast winter in a tiny cabin with just a bed and fire place. 
The kids were to short to get their heads in the right place so Chris had to hold them up.

The drummer was so cute with the kids.  Cordon loved playing a real drum.

Waiting for the canon to fire.  I took this picture then ran across the field with Eliza so the blast wouldn't hurt her ears. 

George Washington's Monument

2 comments:

Thayerclan said...

Your kids are going to be the most well-cultured kids ever! Also they are very cute.

Shay said...

If you look quickly it looks like Chris has little hands but then they're cordons