Friday, March 5, 2010

18 Months


I can't believe that our little man is already 18 months. The last 6 months have flown by. He is definitely a busy toddler. He is always on the move looking for something new to play with. I think he has an attention span of 15 seconds. He is surprisingly obedient. He usually does what we ask immediately. If he does throw a temper tantrum it is usually short lived. There are times he likes to try and test the limits. Sometimes when I tell him it's time for bed he hides behind Buds kennel. Or sometimes if I ask him to give me something he runs away as fast as he can. The site of a little blond hair 2ft wobbly toddler trying to outrun me gets me laughing every time. I always have to turn away so he doesn't see me laugh. Even though he is now officially nursery age, he has been going for the last 3 months because of our callings at church. He still gets a bit nervous when we drop him off but he quickly gets over it and jumps right in to play. The teachers love him because he spends most of his time cleaning up the toys, although I think the other kids don't approve of him taking their toys so he can put them away. He has become an iphone wiz. We have to hide them from him because not only can he turn it on but he thinks it's fun to delete the apps. His favorite game is still 'chase the dog.' He loves to play with Bud and chase him around the table. Yesterday Cordon actually succeeded in sneaking up behind Bud and smacking his behind. I think poor Bud had a heart attack. Cordon is our little health nut baby. He is not a fan of sugary foods or anything fried. His fruit can't come from a can and he prefers wheat bread over white. This makes it surprisingly hard and expensive to feed him since so much food is processed today. And for some crazy reason he hates spaghetti O's. I thought liking those came standard in all babies. He's also a music junkie. If he hears music he has to find the source. He could be screaming bloody mary but 3 seconds into Old McDonald he is quiet and smiling again. Singing is a great way to calm him down, unfortunately his melt downs usually happen in public which means anyone in ear shot gets to hear my version of what a pig says. We definitely love this little guy and love having him around.

1 comment:

my name is becky kelly said...

that picture of him is so cute.
my kids don't like spaghetti-o's either.
yay for an 18 month old!