Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hear Ye! Hear Ye

We spent the day at a Renaissance Faire. 32 acres of 16th century fun. This place had it all, rides, games, food, plays, sword swalloers, flame throwing, jousting, sword fights etc etc. I loved every second of it and wished we could have stayed longer. Cordon liked all the bright colors and music and took it all in. Chris enjoyed himself, although at one point he did say "I feel like I should beat myself up for coming here."


Cordon got a kick out of the "Royal Hound"


The human chess match. When two pieces were confronted they had a sword fight to see who got the square.


Got meat?


This head gear was meant to humiliate women who nagged or gossiped.


You can see Cordon is starting to get annoyed and ready to go home.


This guy did some pretty amazing tricks while the horse was trotting.


Look right above the horse and you can see the guy in the air. He jumped off the horse while it was trotting. He did a back flip later but I didn't get a shot of that.


Jousting.


Scottish Eggs. Hard boiled eggs wrapped in sausage and deep fried, mmmmmm


"Brawl at the Boarshead" Play

1 comment:

my name is becky kelly said...

i want a Scottish egg in my hand right now.