Monday, August 10, 2009

Lake Tobias

We went to a privately owned animal park this weekend. They had a petting zoo (Cordon had NO interest in that) and a few caged animals but the highlight was the little safari tour. The animals obviously have been conditioned because the second the car stopped they would wonder right up to us looking for food.


Check out this dudes antlers. I kept worrying that he was going to turn his head fast and take someone out. I was surprised at how soft the antlers where. No wonder they call them velvet.


This guy was positive that the camera was food and kept trying to bite it.


Oh hello buffalo.

1 comment:

my name is becky kelly said...

Shanan just advised me that those ones in the last picture with the big horns are called wah-too-sees (there was no way i was attempting to spell that).
that looks like a cool place, i love the pictures. That velvet is SO soft. I currently have a deer skull in my laundry room sink with velvet antlers. I keep petting them.