Monday, April 21, 2008

Earthquake!!!!!!!

Last Friday, about 4:30 am I woke up because the bed was shaking. My first thought was "what is Chris doing over there?" then I realized he wasn't moving (besides with the movement of the bed) then I thought "wow, what kind of person would break in the house just to shake my bed?" In my sleep deprived moment I really did think that someone had come in my house just to shake my bed. It was after that when I finally fully woke up and realized it was an earthquake. It was about 5.4 and lasted about 15 seconds. Chris slept through the whole thing. Since then we have had 20 aftershocks but only two of those I have felt. Fortunately we have had no damage, but our dog sure does not like it. Every now again he will get up and start to whine and bark then lay down. Our guess is he can feel the aftershocks that we can't. Who would have guessed that we would get an earthquake while living in the Midwest.

4 comments:

Ryan and Hailee said...

That is so crazy, and how scary!!! I know we are going to have one here in Utah soon, we've been due for a long time, I'm glad everything is ok!!

jimnalli said...

ha ha Jannie was in an earthquake!

Lisa/Scott said...

eesh...glad you're all okay and neither of you were standing on a ladder or anything. I was in an earthquake in Peru when I was in the MTC there and I thought it was the elder next to me shaking my desk just to bother me. After telling him to knock it off a couple of times I realized his was shaking too. Wierd how the last thing that crosses your mind is "earthquake." Happy 22 weeks. (:

The Foote Family said...

I was just in an earthquake too! We were just at the ranch this last weekend and there was an earthquake at 3:30am Sunday morning. I woke up and was freaking out asking Tyler how old the ranch house is and questions about if it is structurally sound and stuff cuz it seems like one that might collapse on you. Don't get me wrong..it is TOTALLY awesome and wicked fun to be at...but it is just a little scary in an earthquake. I am glad that we you are unscathed and I am glad that neither of us got squashed during earthquakes. Hope you are feeling well!