Thursday, March 20, 2008

We Are Floating Away

We just got hit by some massive rain storms. Many parts of our town are shut down due to flooding. The only people getting into those areas are people on boats. The town actually ran out of "road closed" signs. And of course a few morons decided to drive around those signs and had to be rescued as they floated away with their car. The scary part though is the rivers are suppose to keep rising until Monday. I may be kayaking to work by then.


This picture is actually of a town next to us. They got alot more water then we did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa/Scott said...

Yikes!! When I was in my mission there was a huge flood that sent a citywide panic. Water was literally up to my waist walking down some streets. So much for wearing dresses.
Now that you mention it, I kind of do remember you vaguely at fuddruckers. I wouldn't have remembered at all if you didn't mention that I was the one that trained you. Those whole last couple of months before my mission are a big blur. I still go there for the cheap gourmet burgers.

Anonymous said...

See here or here