Monday, April 18, 2011

Utah In A Nut Shell

The kids and I spent three weeks in Utah/Nevada with family.  We haven't been there in 2 years so it was great to catch up, watch Cordon get to know his cousins, introduce Eliza to everyone, and meet some nieces I hadn't met yet.  I'll try not to bore everyone with to much detail and just stick to the highlights.  

The flight out was a nightmare! Our flight out of Harrisburg was delayed so when we got to Chicago I had 20 min to run to another terminal with two kids in tow.  I can't believe we made our connecting flight.  When I booked the trip I didn't take into account that Eliza is still floppy so I had to balance her the whole time and try to help Cordon with one hand.  That wasn't to bad until he needed a new diaper and there was nothing I could do about it.  Eliza was exhausted but wouldn't fall asleep so she turned into 'that baby' that everyone turns around and stares at wondering if the mother is ever going to get the kid to shut up.  Much more happened on the flight that resulted in me bursting into tears, but I'll spare you the details. Fortunately the flight back was great. 

 We flew into Vegas and spent a few days at my brothers house.  

 Cute little cousins eating snacks and watching the ipad (which was such a blessing to have on the flight out)

My brothers daughter is 1 month older then Eliza. 

 We went to a place that is wall to wall trampolines.  It was so much fun to just jump and bounce all over the place.  Cordon loved it and didn't want to leave.

 Cordon tearing up the rock wall in my brothers family room. 
 


Jason, my brother, has a rope in the middle of his family room that he hooks all sorts of things to.  The kid swing and the bungee jump are the best. 
 
We then went to Overton, NV and stayed with my sister, Becky.  This is Zach. He is about 6 months older then Cordon and was so excited to have someone his size to wrestle with (he has two older brothers) unfortunately Cordon has no idea what wrestling is.  He would laugh for a while but then get annoyed that Zach kept pinning him to the ground. 
  
 My brother in law got eye surgery while we were there.  The kids had a great time playing with his eye patch. 

 We then headed to St. George and stayed with my parents at their beautiful new home.

 
  Cordon loved this fountain in the courtyard.  Why are kids so obsessed with water?





 Hanging out watching TV
 
 
Swimming with some of the cousins


 All 18 grandkids and a very cute Bugga and Nanna


 Eliza snuggling with Bugga (Grandpa Myers)

1 comment:

my name is becky kelly said...

it was fun to play with you for a little bit while you were here. ... Zack says sorry about the pile drive Cordon. :)