Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nanna

My mom flew out to help with Eliza and I talked her into staying for 3 weeks.  She recently returned from an 18 month mission in Nauvoo so it was great to spend the last few weeks with her and catch up.  Plus Cordon got to spend time with Nanna and see that she is more then a face on Skype.  My mom was WONDERFUL!!!!  I am so blessed to have such a sweet caring person for a mom.  She completely took over all the household chores so I could veg out and be lazy before Eliza came, then veg out and be lazy and recoup after Eliza came.  She even got up with Cordon every morning so I could sleep in.  Here are a few pictures summing up her visit.

She took Cordon and Bud on lots of walks so I could nap in peace. 
 Eliza's Mad Scientist hair.  The picture doesn't do it justice, but imagine Doc from Back to the Future.  She has a great mullet. 
 We have a thumb sucker. 

 We went to Chris's work so my mom could take a tour of the plant.  It's always fun to see how things are made.  Cordon working on his phone skills.  He picks up a phone says "who is it... ok bye bye"
 Lots of drives to look at all the fall colors. 
 Hershey's Chocolate World.  We left with 4 HUGE cupcakes and we ate them in about 3 days, (plus pounds of kisses and other chocolates) I think I've regained all my pregnancy weight. 
 A statue of Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg. 
A knight at the Renaissance Faire flirting with my mom
My mom spent most of the day trying to take pictures of all the great costumes people wore to the faire.  The one above was our favorite.  What does a fairy have to do with the Renaissance?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats on your sweet baby girl! She is adorable! I am glad that everrything went well. It sounds like your Mom is taking good care of you.

McGuire's said...

LOVE mamas! You have such a sweet mom. So nice you got 3 weeks with her!

my name is becky kelly said...

i love how mom just sneaks around cleaning things. she's so perfect!