Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sugar and Spice

The verdict is in. We are having a girl. This is actually not a surprise to us at all. We were both pretty confident from day one that this baby was going to be a girl. Although if the ultrasound is a glimpse into the future then we are in trouble for two reasons. First, this is one active child. I have felt movement since week four. I am not exaggerating. About every two weeks I could feel rolling and sometimes actually see my stomach move from the baby moving around. Since week 16 the movement has not stopped. I don't think she sleeps. Second, she is very stubborn. When it was time for the nurse to determine the sex of this baby all she found was two little legs wadded up under the bum. For 10 min the nurse did everything she could to get this baby to uncross her legs. She tried different angles, poking the baby through my belly, wiggling my belly, but this child refused to show us the money shot. So finally I got up, did some squats and bounced around and the Dr came in to give it a whirl. Not only had out little girl decided to move her legs but she had her feet up by her ears as if to say "fine, is this what you wanted to see?"

6 comments:

John and Linda said...

Isn't it wonderful to know she is healthy and active! Way too funny about getting the right pose for the picture!

Roseanne said...

YEA!!!! Congrats! I love feeling those little kicks, ok... well, I guess with her it's more like punches. :)

Leah said...

Congratulations! Prepare yourself now- Evie was the same way in-utero and has not stopped since. We couldn't be happier for you (except that it will prevent you from visiting us:-).

Tiffney said...

YAY!! a girl! How fun! Congrats!

McGuire's said...

Wahoo for little girls! She's going to be a beauty and so much fun!

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you to have one of both!