Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Grateful

I was at the kitchen table the other day when I heard Cordon coughing in the other room. He does this at least 10 times a day so I don't worry unless it's prolonged or it sounds like he is choking on something. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him wonder over to my chair and look up at me. I looked down and saw an extremely calm but extremely red face. His eyes were blood shot and watering. Before my brain could register what was happening he opening his mouth and just stood there. It was then I noticed a piece of plastic halfway down his throat. I pulled it out, he gave one big cough, gave me a little smile, then went along his merry little way. Obviously I am so grateful that he is fine and there was no damage done. But I am also grateful that he apparently is the type to not over react. I could not believe how calm he was about not being able to breath. And I love that his little 16 month old brain thought logically. He knew mom would fix it and when mom didn't fix it immediately he knew to show me the problem. I love that little guy.

4 comments:

Richins Family said...

I hope you had a great birthday, I didn't know it was on Christmas! I am so glad your baby is alright! That is so scary!

Roseanne said...

How scary! I would have been the one to freak out! What a good kid to stay calm.

Jason and Jennifer said...

Wow, I'm glad he is okay. I think I would have completly freaked out. He is such a smart boy!

Ryan and Hailee said...

wow, I hate those situations, what a sweet little guy!!! So glad he's just fine