Wednesday, March 4, 2009

How My Life Has Changed

Having Cordon really wasn't that big of a change for Chris and I. We adjusted really quickly to having a baby around. However, there have been some definite changes. Let me share....

Then:
If I wanted to go some place I had to bring
keys
wallet
Now:
If I want to go some place I have to bring:
keys
wallet
diapers
bottle
formula
car seat
toys
burp cloth
chest carrier
Cordon
etc etc

Then:
My hair was long and flowing past my shoulders.
Now:
How high can I get the bun where little fingers can't reach?

Then:
When I watched T.V it was the News, VH1 or some reality show.
Now:
"We just figured out Blues Clues, because were really smart"

Then:
I had a sweet fruity smell from lotions and shampoo.
Now:
Spit up a la Cordon.

Then:
My conversations consisted of politics, religion, and current events.
Now:
Throw up and diaper rashes.

Then:
I could sit quietly and listen to all the talks in church.
Now:
The pictures in the hall sure are lovely, oh look, a new announcement on the bulletin board I can memorize

Then:
Date night consisted of dinner, a movie, and going to bed around midnight.
Now
:
Rent a movie and fall asleep on the couch before opening credits are done.

Then:
I was upset if I got less then 7 hours of sleep at night
Now:
If I sleep more then 4 hours it's a miracle!

Then:
The house was filled with songs from Van Halen, Aerosmith and Nickleback
Now:
"Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh, tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff......"

3 comments:

McGuire's said...

So Funny and so true!

Ryan and Hailee said...

Don't you just love it!!! sometimes I think I envy those without kids, who get to go to dinner and movie every weekend, and just do whatever they want. But then I realize it is all so much better now, and being a mom is worth every second of every day

John and Linda said...

Jannie...I have to add a few things to your list! Diaper pins! It was the only jewelry I wore for years! I had them attached to my shirt like a brooch. My boys wouldn't let me go to the bathroom without crying at the door holding their "brankies". That was what they called their blankets. Oh, those were the days!